Roadside Attraction in Logan Lake, BC - Giant Dump Truck & Shovel
Things are big in Logan Lake, BC
This is one of the coolest visitor's centers in the world, if you like Tonka toys! This giant dump truck and digging shovel are located near the entrance of Logan Lake, BC.
They were used in the local copper mine but are now a roadside attraction that houses the local visitor's center.
The truck is nearly 6 meters tall and was donated by the Highland Valley Copper mine. In its day, it could carry up to 470,000 pounds of ore. It's only slightly smaller than the large dump truck in Sparwood, BC.
The mining shovel was also used in the extraction of copper ore and has a 13 cubic meter bucket, in which you can stand for photos. The former engine & winch room has now been converted to a visitor's center run by the local Chamber of Commerce.
Seeing, feeling and exploring these exaggerated machines will remind you of when you used to play with toy trucks.
Driving directions to Logan Lake, BC
View Roadside Attraction in Logan Lake, BC in a larger map
Logan Lake is located in central British Columbia near Kamloops, BC. Normally, we pass this area on the Coquihalla Highway, but this time we decided to take a detour and made a pit-stop in Logan Lake. We were surprised to find a friendly little community in a beautiful, hilly landscape.
This place is all about the outdoors. The community support and pride shows all around town.
Things to do in Logan Lake, BC include:
- Take a leisurely stroll around Logan Lake.
- Go boating on Logan Lake. There's a community boat launch near the campground.
- Take an ATV ride on one of the well-defined trails through grasslands and forests. When the skies are clear, you'll have spectacular valley and mountain views.
- Fishing & golfing are a great way to spend some time outdoors.
- Challenge yourself to a round of disc golf on the community course (free).
- The young & tough can try out the community Bike Park.
- There's a community recreational center that has a hockey area & weight room.
- Try snow-mobiling in the winter.
- Bring your hockey team & participate in the annual Pond Hockey Tournament.
- There's 36 kilometers of groomed cross-country ski trails starting on the edge of town.
Logan Lake, BC is 60 kilometers from Kamloops, BC. It's a small community, just off of the Coquihalla Highway. If you frequently travel in the region, consider stopping at Logan Lake to view the giant dump truck & shovel. It'll remind you of your childhood.
There's plenty of roadside attractions in BC to explore.
Get more insider tips on Canadian Adventures at Scenic Travel Canada.